Did you like how we did? Rate your experience!

Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars by our customers 561

Award-winning PDF software

review-platform review-platform review-platform review-platform review-platform

Video instructions and help with filling out and completing Who Form 8815 Guarantees

Instructions and Help about Who Form 8815 Guarantees

St. Kitts and Nevis have one of the longest written histories in the Caribbean. Both islands were among Spain's and England's first colonies in the archipelago. Despite being only two miles apart and quite diminutive in size, St. Kitts and Nevis were widely recognized as being separate entities with distinct identities until they were forcibly united in the late 19th century. In the pre-Columbian period, from 2900 BC to 1493 AD, the first natives to live on the islands, as early as three thousand years ago, were called Ciboney. However, the lack of pottery makes their origin and timeline uncertain. They were followed by the Arawak peoples, or Taino, in 800 AD. The warlike island Caribs followed and had expanded north of St. Kitts by the time of the Spanish conquest. Peak native populations occurred between 500 and 600 AD. The first Europeans to see and name the islands were the Spanish under Christopher Columbus, who sighted the islands on November 11th and 13th, 1493, during his second voyage. He named St. Kitts and Nevis San Martin and Jorge St. George, respectively. By 1540, Nevis was used by the Spanish as an abbreviation of Santa Maria de las Nieves, a reference to its cloud cover resembling snow. Sir Francis Drake mentions visiting St. Christopher's Island in 1585 during Christmas. The next European encounter occurred in June 1603 when Bartholomew Gilbert gathered lignum vitae on Nevis before stopping at St. Kitts. In 1607, Captain John Smith stopped at Nevis for five days on his way to founding the first successful settlement in Virginia. Smith documented the many hot springs in Nevis whose waters had remarkable curative abilities against skin ailments and bad health. Robert Harcourt stopped at Nevis in 1608. From 1623 to 1700, Ralph Marafield and Sir Thomas Warner received a royal patent...